Smoothies are a great way to incorporate servings of fruits and veggies, and they are a great source of many micronutrients as well!
Here are three easy ways to meal-prep your morning or snack smoothies!
- Minimal prep. Don’t want to pre-make your smoothies, but want to do some prep? This method is for you! All it requires is your preferred smoothie ingredients and some ziplock bags. These pre-made freezer packs last 6 months in the freezer without greens and 3 months with greens!
- Measure your solid ingredients
- Dump into the ziplock bag
- Take out when ready to use, add liquid ingredients and blend!
- Pre-blended smoothies. This method makes it easy to grab and go! They last roughly 3 months in the freezer, and can even double as an ice pack in lunch boxes (in unthawed)!
- Mesure ingredients into blender and blend
- Pour into freezer safe containers; mason jars work great!
- Freeze! Take out the night before to thaw in the fridge.
- Smoothie popsicles. This sweet and healthy treat is great for a mid-summer pick-me-up or for those picky kids who don’t like green things! This is an awesome option for the extra smoothie mixture that doesn’t fill the jar.
- Measure smoothie ingredients and blend
- Pour into a popsicle mold
Ready to give it a try?
Check out this website below for 20 different smoothie recipes to guide you! Some of my favorite mix-ins include greens, ground flax seed, and chia seeds! Tell us what smoothie you tried!!