Stress is inevitable, however, we don’t need to sabotage our healthy habits in the process! When we are stressed, it is easy to snack and even easier to grab unhealthy munchies.
So, what can you snack on guilt-free?
- Leafy green veggies–Leafy greens help promote neurotransmitters, which in return regulate mood. Stress=bad mood, (healthy) food=happy!
- Turkey–Turkey also helps boost the production of serotonin which is a mood-boosting neurotransmitter!
- Fermented foods and yogurt–Our gut is often neglected, but most serotonin is found in the gut. Fermented foods and yogurt provide our gut with probiotics and probiotics feed your gut. Treat your gut right, so in return, it treats you better!
- Blueberries–Studies are growing; blueberries are rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients and have been shown to improve our stress response!
- Dark chocolate–In moderation, dark chocolate reduces stress hormones like cortisol. It also has properties that reduce blood pressure and increase circulation!
- Salmon–Salmon is high in Omega-3 fatty acids, and Omega-3s are known for their anti-inflammatory properties that fight off stress hormones!